- Being … In 2018
- Blank Pages
- I Belong
- 10x Better
- Foolish Things
- Courageous Listening
- Focus in Business
- Whose Voices?
- The Art of Wisely Dealing with Conflict
- Going? Where?
- Asking the ‘WHY’ in Business
- The Correct Use of Words
- Walk in His Shoes
- Seeing Your Shadow
- Who is Your Family?
- Distracted in Business?
- Soul Food in the Marketplace
- How are You?
- The Art of Silence
- Fighting Business Fires
- Priorities in Business
- Pause and Reflect in Business
- Prayer and Faith – Siamese Twins
- Knocking on Doors in Business
- The Art of Simplicity
- Learning to Fly in your Business
- Light v Darkness in Commerce
- Be Courageous to Defend your Business
- What is Speaking into Your Business Life?
- Guerrilla Talk
- Speak Life in Business
- Walking with Giants in Business
- Are You An Artisan?
- What is Your Wake in the Marketplace?
- Keep on Walking in Business
- Elasticity – The Art of being Resilient in Business
- Thinking Differently in Business
- Business Success – Thinking Deep
- Corporations – Do you have USE?
- Prayer – A Key Business Asset
- Money Issues
- Stand for Values in Business
- The Importance of Mathematics in Commerce
- The Importance of Goodwill and Favour in Commerce
- The Dark Triad in Commerce
- Changing the Metaphors in Business
- Business Success – A Dealer in Hope
- Business Success – A Dealer in Peace
- Business Success – Dealing in Contentment
- Business Success – Failing Forward
- Experiencing the Psychopath in Commerce
- Key Phrases from the Marketplace Handbook
- Modern-Day Slavery in Commerce
- The Significance of Business Intelligence
- Attributes for Business Success often Overlooked
- Commercial Opportunities Multiply as they are Seized
- Breaking Gracelessness in Commerce
- It’s Foolish to Shake Hands on a Deal
- How do People Make Decisions about their Money?
- The Quiet War in Commerce (Part II)
- The Marketplace Language
- The Name vs Numbers Systems in Commerce
- Hold out Baits to Gain Business Victory
- Techniques of Business Conflict
- The Quiet War in Commerce
- Trading in an Unkind Commercial Environment
- The Wonders of SEPA in Commerce
- The Grace Bankruptcy in Commerce
- Wisdom v Foolishness
- Monitor a Reconciled Enemy Closely
Tag Archives: Money
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” (Winston Churchill) We all live in the rat race of life, rushing from one event to another, rarely taking … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce. One day a young boy was misbehaving while his father was Christmas shopping. In irritation the father threatened, “If you don’t stop I’ll give all your Christmas presents to Goodwill.” The son frowned: “Who’s … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce In an earlier blog, I write on the subject of ‘experiencing the psychopath’ in commerce and how I discovered the concept of the ‘Dark Triad’ after a particularly bad experience with an international bank. … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce. A metaphor is defined by the Dictionary as “a figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison” – as … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce At the turn of the 19th Century, Napoleon Bonaparte defined a leader as a ‘dealer in hope’, but in that case, hope was merely a secular belief in good outcomes for business or military … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce Applying the Testudo One of my Christian mentors, who is sadly now deceased, often encouraged me to “apply the Testudo” in my business affairs. In ancient Roman warfare, the Roman Legions used what was … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce The Problem You may think you are in the darkest jail of trouble, with no way forward and no way out, but I have learned that God always has the last word and that … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce The Revelation I once left our Company offices in frustration just before midday and went straight to my hotel room. Although hungry, I just climbed into bed and never ordered any room service. Feeling … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce Looking Back For the majority of the 7 billion people living on planet earth today, financial freedom is a long forgotten dream. In Roman times, if an individual owed money he/she was thrown in … Continue reading