- Being … In 2018
- Blank Pages
- I Belong
- 10x Better
- Foolish Things
- Courageous Listening
- Focus in Business
- Whose Voices?
- The Art of Wisely Dealing with Conflict
- Going? Where?
- Asking the ‘WHY’ in Business
- The Correct Use of Words
- Walk in His Shoes
- Seeing Your Shadow
- Who is Your Family?
- Distracted in Business?
- Soul Food in the Marketplace
- How are You?
- The Art of Silence
- Fighting Business Fires
- Priorities in Business
- Pause and Reflect in Business
- Prayer and Faith – Siamese Twins
- Knocking on Doors in Business
- The Art of Simplicity
- Learning to Fly in your Business
- Light v Darkness in Commerce
- Be Courageous to Defend your Business
- What is Speaking into Your Business Life?
- Guerrilla Talk
- Speak Life in Business
- Walking with Giants in Business
- Are You An Artisan?
- What is Your Wake in the Marketplace?
- Keep on Walking in Business
- Elasticity – The Art of being Resilient in Business
- Thinking Differently in Business
- Business Success – Thinking Deep
- Corporations – Do you have USE?
- Prayer – A Key Business Asset
- Money Issues
- Stand for Values in Business
- The Importance of Mathematics in Commerce
- The Importance of Goodwill and Favour in Commerce
- The Dark Triad in Commerce
- Changing the Metaphors in Business
- Business Success – A Dealer in Hope
- Business Success – A Dealer in Peace
- Business Success – Dealing in Contentment
- Business Success – Failing Forward
- Experiencing the Psychopath in Commerce
- Key Phrases from the Marketplace Handbook
- Modern-Day Slavery in Commerce
- The Significance of Business Intelligence
- Attributes for Business Success often Overlooked
- Commercial Opportunities Multiply as they are Seized
- Breaking Gracelessness in Commerce
- It’s Foolish to Shake Hands on a Deal
- How do People Make Decisions about their Money?
- The Quiet War in Commerce (Part II)
- The Marketplace Language
- The Name vs Numbers Systems in Commerce
- Hold out Baits to Gain Business Victory
- Techniques of Business Conflict
- The Quiet War in Commerce
- Trading in an Unkind Commercial Environment
- The Wonders of SEPA in Commerce
- The Grace Bankruptcy in Commerce
- Wisdom v Foolishness
- Monitor a Reconciled Enemy Closely
Tag Archives: Decisions
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce Applying the Testudo One of my Christian mentors, who is sadly now deceased, often encouraged me to “apply the Testudo” in my business affairs. In ancient Roman warfare, the Roman Legions used what was … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce When you have been active in the Marketplace for nearly three decades, as I have, or for 100 years as our family business has; you develop a specific language or handbook comprising a few … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce Looking Back For the majority of the 7 billion people living on planet earth today, financial freedom is a long forgotten dream. In Roman times, if an individual owed money he/she was thrown in … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce The Financial Crises When I was living in Stratford upon Avon in England in 2008, I was intricately involved in global economics as a trained economist. At the time, the hidden precursors of the … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce Looking Back I spent a decade at University studying all the possible business scenarios people may encounter. Only after many years in the marketplace did it dawn on me that knowledge is futile without … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce The Call to Conflict I was raised in a Christian home – not a perfect home like everyone else – but one that taught the wonderful insights of the Bible, such as Matthew 5:9 … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce Considering the Matter One day, while travelling in the car with my father in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, he reminisced about the good old days when he was eighty (sorry Dad, but you still look young to … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD (Commerce). Introduction I mentioned in a previous blog that you will often discover in banking material that so and so Bank refer to themselves as a ‘relationship-minded Bank’. I don’t know which planet you are working … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce. What Does it Take to Succeed in Business? When I speak with young professionals who are trying to enter the marketplace for the first time, or others who are struggling to survive, I am … Continue reading