- Focus in Business
- Whose Voices?
- The Art of Wisely Dealing with Conflict
- Going? Where?
- Asking the ‘WHY’ in Business
- The Correct Use of Words
- Walk in His Shoes
- Seeing Your Shadow
- Who is Your Family?
- Distracted in Business?
- Soul Food in the Marketplace
- How are You?
- The Art of Silence
- Fighting Business Fires
- Priorities in Business
- Pause and Reflect in Business
- Prayer and Faith – Siamese Twins
- Knocking on Doors in Business
- The Art of Simplicity
- Learning to Fly in your Business
- Light v Darkness in Commerce
- Be Courageous to Defend your Business
- What is Speaking into Your Business Life?
- Guerrilla Talk
- Speak Life in Business
- Walking with Giants in Business
- Are You An Artisan?
- What is Your Wake in the Marketplace?
- Keep on Walking in Business
- Elasticity – The Art of being Resilient in Business
- Thinking Differently in Business
- Business Success – Thinking Deep
- Corporations – Do you have USE?
- Prayer – A Key Business Asset
- Money Issues
- Stand for Values in Business
- The Importance of Mathematics in Commerce
- The Importance of Goodwill and Favour in Commerce
- The Dark Triad in Commerce
- Changing the Metaphors in Business
- Business Success – A Dealer in Hope
- Business Success – A Dealer in Peace
- Business Success – Dealing in Contentment
- Business Success – Failing Forward
- Experiencing the Psychopath in Commerce
- Key Phrases from the Marketplace Handbook
- Modern-Day Slavery in Commerce
- The Significance of Business Intelligence
- Attributes for Business Success often Overlooked
Tag Archives: chamber of commerce
“I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” (Venus Williams) The see-saw effect of distractions from mobile phones, to clients and the news is common to most of … Continue reading
“Give every man thy ear but few thy voice.” (William Shakespeare) We have all experienced that moment in a conversation where an awkward silence fills the spaces between us. In some contexts, for example, when I am with my wife … Continue reading
“A word is dead, when it is said, some say. I say it just begins to live that day.” (Emily Dickinson) Words have incredible power. Imagine walking into an empty room. Standing alone in that room, if you say one … Continue reading
As a business person and a leader, I have knocked on many doors. Some of these doors have led to great adventures, while some others to challenging times. Still, there are others that led to times of deep reflection (where … Continue reading
“Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” (Steve Jobs)
In 509 BC there was a battle for the Italian city of Rome. The Etruscan army were attacking the city and faced off against the defenders of Rome on the banks of the Tiber river. The story is told that … Continue reading
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” (Socrates)
The story is told of a medieval traveller who came across the following scene in 800 AD close to the river Avon in England. As he moved through the countryside, he found a man with a sledgehammer who seemed to … Continue reading
Observing any boat crossing a body of water, you will notice the impact that it makes upon the water by the wake it leaves behind. Imagine the chaos of hundreds if not thousands of people in the water at the … Continue reading
Our family business was established during the throes of World War 1. Through this time our business had to ride the tide of wars, financial crises, disease and boom times. One thing that all of this has taught us is the ability to … Continue reading