- Seeing Your Shadow
- Who is Your Family?
- Distracted in Business?
- Soul Food in the Marketplace
- How are You?
- The Art of Silence
- Fighting Business Fires
- Priorities in Business
- Pause and Reflect in Business
- Prayer and Faith – Siamese Twins
- Knocking on Doors in Business
- The Art of Simplicity
- Learning to Fly in your Business
- Light v Darkness in Commerce
- Be Courageous to Defend your Business
- What is Speaking into Your Business Life?
- Guerrilla Talk
- Speak Life in Business
- Walking with Giants in Business
- Are You An Artisan?
- What is Your Wake in the Marketplace?
- Keep on Walking in Business
- Elasticity – The Art of being Resilient in Business
- Thinking Differently in Business
- Business Success – Thinking Deep
- Corporations – Do you have USE?
- Prayer – A Key Business Asset
- Money Issues
- Stand for Values in Business
- The Importance of Mathematics in Commerce
- The Importance of Goodwill and Favour in Commerce
- The Dark Triad in Commerce
- Changing the Metaphors in Business
- Business Success – A Dealer in Hope
- Business Success – A Dealer in Peace
- Business Success – Dealing in Contentment
- Business Success – Failing Forward
- Experiencing the Psychopath in Commerce
- Key Phrases from the Marketplace Handbook
- Modern-Day Slavery in Commerce
- The Significance of Business Intelligence
- Attributes for Business Success often Overlooked
- Commercial Opportunities Multiply as they are Seized
- Breaking Gracelessness in Commerce
- It’s Foolish to Shake Hands on a Deal
- How do People Make Decisions about their Money?
- The Quiet War in Commerce (Part II)
- The Marketplace Language
- The Name vs Numbers Systems in Commerce
Category Archives: Psychology
In 509 BC there was a battle for the Italian city of Rome. The Etruscan army were attacking the city and faced off against the defenders of Rome on the banks of the Tiber river. The story is told that … Continue reading
In a recent conversation with a colleague, he said “my life is determined by the places I go, the books I read and the people I meet. Each of these are impacting my life.” Jim Rohn said this another way: … Continue reading
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” (Socrates)
As my wife and I were talking about a difficult situation at hand, she shared her opinion, and in an instant the answer became clear to me. Her words of truth illuminated the reality and clearly distinguished the truth from … Continue reading
Observing any boat crossing a body of water, you will notice the impact that it makes upon the water by the wake it leaves behind. Imagine the chaos of hundreds if not thousands of people in the water at the … Continue reading
“USE” is an acronym that our family business gave to express the idea “Unique Something Else”. In the entertainment industry they have a similar expression, namely “the X Factor”, and commerce uses another term “USP” which is the acronym for “Unique … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce According to Sun Tzu, the renowned Chinese Military General, “(The) Commander [must] stand for the virtues of wisdom, sincerity, benevolence, courage and strictness.” We can glean a lot from the knowledge and experience of … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce In an earlier blog, I write on the subject of ‘experiencing the psychopath’ in commerce and how I discovered the concept of the ‘Dark Triad’ after a particularly bad experience with an international bank. … Continue reading
by Alan Louis, PhD in Commerce. A metaphor is defined by the Dictionary as “a figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison” – as … Continue reading