- Whose Voices?
- The Art of Wisely Dealing with Conflict
- Going? Where?
- Asking the ‘WHY’ in Business
- The Correct Use of Words
- Walk in His Shoes
- Seeing Your Shadow
- Who is Your Family?
- Distracted in Business?
- Soul Food in the Marketplace
- How are You?
- The Art of Silence
- Fighting Business Fires
- Priorities in Business
- Pause and Reflect in Business
- Prayer and Faith – Siamese Twins
- Knocking on Doors in Business
- The Art of Simplicity
- Learning to Fly in your Business
- Light v Darkness in Commerce
- Be Courageous to Defend your Business
- What is Speaking into Your Business Life?
- Guerrilla Talk
- Speak Life in Business
- Walking with Giants in Business
- Are You An Artisan?
- What is Your Wake in the Marketplace?
- Keep on Walking in Business
- Elasticity – The Art of being Resilient in Business
- Thinking Differently in Business
- Business Success – Thinking Deep
- Corporations – Do you have USE?
- Prayer – A Key Business Asset
- Money Issues
- Stand for Values in Business
- The Importance of Mathematics in Commerce
- The Importance of Goodwill and Favour in Commerce
- The Dark Triad in Commerce
- Changing the Metaphors in Business
- Business Success – A Dealer in Hope
- Business Success – A Dealer in Peace
- Business Success – Dealing in Contentment
- Business Success – Failing Forward
- Experiencing the Psychopath in Commerce
- Key Phrases from the Marketplace Handbook
- Modern-Day Slavery in Commerce
- The Significance of Business Intelligence
- Attributes for Business Success often Overlooked
- Commercial Opportunities Multiply as they are Seized
Category Archives: Business
“It takes more courage to examine the dark corners of your own soul than it does for a soldier to fight on a battlefield.” (W.B. Yeats)
“Good Morning!” said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out further than the brim of his shady hat. “What … Continue reading
In 1965 when I was born (sorry), the popular Simon & Garfunkel song, the Sound of Silence, was released with the catchy words repeated throughout calling for “the sound of silence”. This song seemed to be a commentary on the … Continue reading
A fire can be something beautiful to behold or something to be feared. I have many memories of sitting around a fire on a summer night, appreciating the sizzle and smell of the burning wood, and the beauty of the … Continue reading
Greg McKeown in his book Essentialism has described how the word priority “came into the English language in the 1400s. It was singular. It meant the very first or prior thing. It stayed singular for the next five hundred years.”
The poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote: “And the night shall be filled with music, and the cares, that infest the day, shall fold their tents like the Arabs, and silently steal away.” The picture that this quote paints is of … Continue reading
As the New Year has dawned upon us, we find the world at a very different juncture than it was just a few months ago. While leaders are scrambling to make sense of perplexing problems with their limited minds, the … Continue reading
As a business person and a leader, I have knocked on many doors. Some of these doors have led to great adventures, while some others to challenging times. Still, there are others that led to times of deep reflection (where … Continue reading
“Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” (Steve Jobs)
“He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)